Prince’s Trust provides a flexible approach to learning to support pupils to achieve a range of skills and qualifications. The main aims of the Prince’s Trust XL program is to:
- RE-ENGAGE LEARNING
- IMPROVE ATTENDANCE
- DEVELOP PERSONAL AND SOCIAL SKILLS
- IMPROVE ENGAGEMENT IN SCHOOL
- IMPROVE BEHAVIOUR IN SCHOOL
- DEVELOP CONFIDENCE
Pupils participating in the Prince’s Trust program will undertake a range of activities and courses that include participating in sport, healthy living, planning for personal development, career planning and work experience. The XL program will ensure that pupils have every opportunity to gain formal recognition of their skills and achievements and can develop on qualifications that offer flexibility, choice and pathways to progression.
Our xl club courses are split into five modules:
- Personal and social development: Working in small groups, you’ll encourage the young people to get to know each other and share their experiences.
- Life skills: Give young people the tools they need to handle a range of relevant life situations through engaging, interactive sessions.
- Community project: Discover what opportunities there are in your local community and work with the group to make a change.
- Enterprise project: Put your group’s skills to the test to lead a project that allow them to set up a mini enterprise and make a profit.
- Preparation for work: Explore career opportunities and help the group find the information they need to get to where they want to be.