WHAT IS THE STUDENT COUNCIL?
We are made up of a small group of students from each Year Group within Malone College. There are 2 tiers of the Student Council which are the ‘Junior Leadership Team’ which is made up of Year 13 & 14 Students and the ‘Student Council’ which is made up of Year 8 to Year 12 members:
Student Council Members:
Calumn Creaner (Yr12)
Angeles Quiroga Seijas (Yr11)
Abe Charters (Yr10)
Cillian Campbell (Yr10)
Katie Wood (Yr 10)
Rosie Wood (Yr9)
Andreea Covaci (Yr9)
Junior Leadership Members:
Jordan Veighey (Yr14 President)
Martin Douglas (Yr 14)
Ellie Suttie (Yr14)
John Dong (Yr14)
Catie Peden(Yr13 Vice President)
Kian McAlister (Yr13)
Sean Paul Diamond (Yr13)
Kieran McMenamy (Yr13)
Rachel Bennett (Yr13)
Courtney Coyle (Yr 13)
WHAT DO WE DO?
We are the voice for all the Students in Malone College. If students feel that something is not working well in the School then we try to pass this information onto the Senior Leadership of the School so they can try and solve the problem. We also meet regularly and try to come up with events that we can run which contribute to school spirit. Finally we aim to improve the welfare of the community living around the School.
WHAT HAVE WE BEEN DOING?
Last year the Student Council:
· Ran a Halloween, Christmas and Easter Stalls to raise money which we donated to a local Cancer Charity for Children.
· Helped with a Bag Packing Day at ‘Marks & Spencer’ to raise money for teaching Malone College Students how to do CPR training.
· Ran a meeting with Miss Thompson to pass on Student concerns.
WHAT ARE WE PLANNING TO DO THIS YEAR?
To help the School get even better, we have planned to the following in the next few weeks:
· Run a ‘Halloween Stall’ on Thursday 26th October to help bring some scary atmosphere into the School.
· Run elections to get a new Yr8 member for the Council.
· Run a Student Survey to find out how we can try and improve the running of our Canteen.
· Help with redecorating the YR13/14 Recreation Room so that it is more appealing to those Students who are taking a break from their studies.
· Update the Student Council Notice Board with new information and photos of all its members.
· Run an Assembly to tell all Students in the School about their Student Council.
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US?
If you are a Student then the easiest way to contact us would be to simply go up and talk to the Student Council Member for your year group. If you have any ideas/concerns that you would like the Student Council to look at, then you can also write them down and put the note in the ‘Student Council Box’ which is now located in the Canteen.
If you are a Parent/Member of the public then you can phone the School and leave a message and your phone number for Mr Forsythe who will then contact you later.