POST 16 STUDIES AT MALONE COLLEGE
QUALIFICATIONS ON OFFER
GCE Advanced Level (A Level) AS and A2, Applied GCE (A Level) AS and A2, BTEC Level 3.
- To take three subjects preference will be given to students who have a minimum of five GCSE’s at Grades A* - C.
- It is also strongly recommended that students have a Grade B or A in the subjects that they have chosen for AS level.
- Students must complete AS before attempting A2, the second half of a full ‘A’ level course.
GCSE English Language and Mathematics are compulsory for students who do not achieve a Grade C in these subjects.
Post 16 Criteria for Admission
- Academic Ability - Students must meet the academic requirements for the course.
- Attendance - Preference will be given to students with 95% minimum attendance in Year 12.
- Behaviour - Preference will be given to students who have always the best behaviour around the school and in classes.
From Year 8 -12
- Commitment to Study - A student’s commitment to study will be judged on the basis of his/her:
- Commitment to the Ethos of Malone College - Students wishing to enter the post 16 Studies must demonstrate:
- Positive relationships with teachers and students
- Good behaviour and respect for school environment
- Participation in extra—curricular activities
- ommitment to integration"